Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Ahhh Sheet!

I am proud to say that I do not have dry erase boards for my students. I have something that I feel is more useful. Sheet protectors.

If you were to walk into my classroom, you'd probably see at least ten sheet protectors on my walls. My students each have two in their binder and one in their desk. Sheet protectors are one amazing product. Seriously. Amazing.

They keep paper clean. They make everything in it shiny (unless you like the matte look. I won't judge.) and organized. They have holes in the side that are PERFECT for sticking pushpins through so you can hang them sideways. I LOVE SHEET PROTECTORS!!!

Back to my wonderful invention. So Each of my students has a clipboard with a sheet protector clipped to it. Inside the sheet protector is a blank piece of paper on one side, and a copy of lines for writing on the other. 





The beauty of this is that they are also able to use this for other things as well. If I want them to work on a worksheet to practice math skills, they can slip it in. I usually use this for practice for minute math before their actual test. They love it because I can give them feedback as they are working before their actual test. I love it because they can get practice in and feel more successful when the actual test comes around two minutes later.

At the end of the year, I let the kids take the sheet protector, their felt square eraser, and their marker home. Next year, we start with a clean sheet protector. I LOVE IT!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!
-Sarah :^D