Sunday, July 22, 2012

Teachers Pay Teachers

1st, 2nd, 5th - English Language Arts, Reading, Back to School - TeachersPayTeachers.com So I've stumbled across this great site called Teachers Pay Teachers. It's pretty brilliant. Teachers sign up and can sell items they have created or buy items from other teachers. The money goes into your PayPal account, and that's it!

I don't know how many hours I've spent over the years creating things that I thought, "Wow, I wish I could sell that!" Well, now I can!

My problem tonight though is that all my files are on my work computer...BOOO!!! I need to utilize Dropbox more. So, in a pinch, I decided to sort of recreate something I made last year for my fifth graders, but change it for first graders. It's a Powerpoint used as either a writing center or as a whole class writing prompt. I call it "Pick a Prompt". The kids liked it because they felt like they were in charge of their learning. I liked it because it was 5 days' worth of writing wrapped up in one nice little PowerPoint!

I'm hoping to make more items that I can not only use for my classroom, but be able to offer them to other teachers. My goal is to make a little extra cash to help out my struggling family. Wish me luck!



No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!
-Sarah :^D