Sunday, September 11, 2016

New School? Old School!

So after much thought, and careful planning, I left my school. It was a shock to many. I did a lot at the school and made some great strides with students. I'm proud of my work at the magnet school, but I needed my health to be better. I needed my nights to be less anxious, and I needed a school with a high morale and rigorous collaboration. I needed my Phamily.

Now, I say that with a "P" because the school I taught at prior to the magnet school, had a "Ph" in the beginning of its name. And every single person there felt like family to me. Everyone was professional, had a good sense of humor, and the teachers/staff were diverse. There were many countries and cultures represented among the teachers/staff as well more than one gender. And, as I've learned from magnet programs, a diverse population creates a healthier work environment.

I debated on whether or not to bring my son with me to my new/old school. And as I weighed the pros and cons, the pros FAR outweighed the cons.

My son and I are "the happiest I've seen in a long time," said my darling husband. From my end, I am less stressed, less anxious, haven't had school nightmares in the middle of the night, and have such a great team that I feel so at ease.

I now teacher K-6 grade as an Art & Engineering teacher. It's everything I loved at my last school, but on a much bigger scale. And I work with some of my closest friends whom I've known for 11 years, and some I've only known a few months.

School started in the middle of August, and usually after four weeks of school, "the honeymoon's over", but I am still going strong. I still hug my principal and/or vice principal nearly every day for bringing me back over. And my son loves that I am actually one of his teachers! In fact, he'll be joining me tomorrow for a continued lesson on warm and cool colors. I can't wait!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!
-Sarah :^D