Things I'm thankful for this year:
- My husband found a job after being unemployed for the past four months.
- My family is alive and well.
- We have a fireplace. This is both beautiful to sit in front of, but also helps keep the PG&E bill down.
- My son is still young enough to want to snuggle with me each night.
- Having a family who cares even when times are rough.
- Rain. We need it, even though it makes everyday life trickier.
- My car that is in working order (not perfect, but it runs).
- Night lights. They scare away monsters and allow me not to trip over our black cat.
- My cat. He makes snuggling in front of a fire even more cozy.
- My couch that has recliners (on each end) for my tired feet.
- Wonderful friends. They make me laugh, cry tears of joy, and bring a smile to my face no matter where in the country they live.
- My home. I fell in love with it the day we walked in. We've lived here for a little over a year and it feels like I've always lived here.
- My backyard. It has beautiful trees, a patio area, birds, and my son's toys that I love watching him play with.
- My husband. He cooks, he cleans, he helps raise our amazing son, makes me laugh every day, and is such a caring man. I LOVE that guy!
There is just so much to be thankful for, even when times are tough. This has been the most difficult year I've had in a loooooong time. It truly makes me appreciate the good times.