Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Using MP3s in the Classroom (Step 1)

I am a music fan. Always have been. Not sure if it was because I was born into a family who always were in a band when I was growing up, or if it was because I just like music. Either way, music ROCKS! (see what I did there?)

So I try and instill the same love of music to my son and to my students. In talking with a friend about her students' behaviors, she mentioned using music cues for transitions. I had used a palm tree that plays music, but hadn't used it for anything more that station rotations.

She created an ActivInspire flip chart on her Promethean Board that had more than one song. She said her voice is saved, her sanity is saved, and the kids actually respond to it.

GREAT! I decided to make one. And by golly, if she wasn't right!

The first step is to create an MP3 of a song that you like. And this video tutorial will tell you just how to do that if you don't already have an MP3 song on hand.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!
-Sarah :^D